Help your children graduate from a piggy bank to their own savings account with a Youth Savings account from JSB. Anyone under age 18 is eligible with a secondary account holder over age 18. There is no minimum balance requirement and you can open the account with as little as $5 and start earning interest. Youth Savings is a great way to teach kids about their personal finances and how to plan for the future.
Youth Savings Account Details
- Minimum to open: $5.00
- Monthly Service Charge: No monthly service charge or transaction fees
- Earns Interest: Yes, on balances greater than zero
- Requirements: Must be under age 18 with a secondary account holder over age 18
- Statement Processing Fee: Not applicable
- Excess Debit Charge: $2.00 per debit transaction after six debits in a statement cycle.
Ready to open your youth savings account? Call us at 304-876-9000, send us an email, or visit one of our locations in Shepherdstown, Martinsburg, Charles Town, Inwood or Sharpsburg to get started. Learn more about a Youth Checking Account at JSB!
Plan for your financial future with our youth savings account. Click here for our rates!
This one’s on us! Services that are available to you at no charge, courtesy of JSB.